Friday, March 11, 2011

Inspired to Inspire

Hello everyone,
I have spent the last two and a half days at the Creative Communications IPP's where students' present their professional projects they have been working on all year. Soon it will be my turn to present to the pannel of judges. I came home after the presentations, thinking about my idea and how I was going to market it. I got on the phone and made some calls. The power of cold calling at times is priceless in my opinion.

I have decided to do my IPP on a book about primary caregivers who care for a loved one that is ill. You see, the whole time I have been in Crecomm, my own father has been ill. He has type two diabetes and was in the hospital for six months. Now he has been moved to a nursing home at the young age of 75. He had five of his toes amputated recently and it has been a big adjustemnt for him.
My other dear friend takes care of her mom and her dad. Her Dad has diabetes and her mom had a stroke. I see how my mom has taken care of my dad and my dear friend her parents. I have decided to write a book or a resource guide about primary caregivers and their untold stories of spirit, compassion, resilliance and love. If any of you out there have a sick parent please let me know. I would love to hear your stories and hopefully include it in my book.

I also wanted to share some information I found out today about the primary caregiver tax credit that you can claim in Manitoba. It is relatively new within the past two years. Check out the link: http://www.gov.mb.ca/finance/tao/caregiver.html to see if you qualify.
Have a great weekend!
Anrea

No comments:

Post a Comment