Friday, March 25, 2011

Managing the Stress of the Unkown

Hello my wonderful followers. I hope all of you are well. Today, I am at home sick with bronchits and a fever. This has allowed me to think of a topic that i have not yet discussed before. The fear of the unknown which I am experiencing right now.

I am in the Creative Communications Program at Red River College. I am in my first year and will be completing it in about three weeks. Since I have downtime right now because I am sick, my mind races.

I think to myself, where am I going to work? What do I want to do? I have to find a summer job fast or I won't receive compensation from the government next year to complete my course. After my course, then what? I am not strong at technology and just know the basics of the softwears we were introduced to this year. That worries me.

Plus, I am 40 years old and I am really craving earning power in my life right now. I would like to be able to pay off my debts and buy a house this decade...My father is ill and I have always had this thing where I want to be successful before my father passes. I feel like I am runnig out of time now and it is horrifying.

So, here I am having a blog about career searching, and I am lost myself. I do stand by what I have said on this site, don't get me wrong. If any of you have any advice for me, I would be more than thrilled to know I am not alone.
Thanks for listening.
Warmly,
Anrea

1 comment:

  1. Everything always seems so up in the air when you're in school. Just trust that this is the path you're supposed to be on, and that more will be revealed with every step forwrad you take.

    Think "I can!" or "I will!", not "Oh, no!" or "What if...". Keep that positive mind-set, and the universe will provide.

    ReplyDelete