Friday, April 1, 2011

Tribute to Tom Starr

Hello my wonderful followers, today I want to blog about work ethic.

My best friend of 30 years father died this week on Monday. His name is Tom Starr. Tom was a Deputy Fire Chief for about 40 years and he also worked at the Salisbury House for almost 60 years. Mr. Starr is a legend, a force and a Manitoba Icon. The one thing that everyone is saying about Tom is that he worked hard and his work ethic meant everything to him.

What a wonderful way to be remembered. I think we all can take Tom's dedication to his work to heart and whenever we put our best foot forward, remember that you will be remembered this way in life and death.

My dear friend is such an inspiration. She really loved her dad and had a very special relationship with him. I feel for her in her time of loss. So though we are all busy, let's take the time out this weekend to tell those we love how much they mean to us.
Thank you to all of you and no matter what your challenges or stresses are in your life, you are never too busy to say I love you.
Kindly,
Anrea Zaslov

1 comment:

  1. The "Duke of Broadway" will be missed. Having worked with Tom for the most of 40 years, he was an inspirational force for many employees. The many customers that have asked about him since his retirement is ample proof that he left a lasting impression. That's how good he was at what he did. I will truly miss his occasional visits to our Commissary.

    ReplyDelete