Friday, January 14, 2011

Out of the Box Job Searching ideas

Hello my fantabulous followers.  For those of you that have started the new year off with a new career, way to go! For those of you that are still on the hunt, I challenge you to think out of the box for your next target. I remember a few years ago, my husband was looking for a job. I remember him telling me that he would love to work for xerox if he had the opportunity. I don't know how I thought of this at thet time but I thought for his birthday that I was going to line up an interview for him at xerox. I didn't know how I was going to do it but I knew that is the goal I wanted to achieve. So, when I was at work a few days before his birthday, the idea came to me.  I picked up the phone and called the human resources department at xerox and said to them that my husband's best birthday wish would be to have an interview with xerox and could they help me with making his wish come true. You would  think that they would say no, but they didn't! The hiring manager phoned me back and we arranged an interview time for my husband!

I remember the day of his interview and trying to help him choose the best interview outfit and I ironed his shirt for him. He went to the interview and felt great. He didn't get the job but it was the journey he was so proud of. Below is a video off of you tube that I though would be helpful.

I do suggest being creative as well as professional in your out of the box job search tactis. Please feel free to let me know of your tactic before trying it out should you want me to let you know if it is appropriate or not.
Good luck to you and happy hunting!
Kindly,
Anrea

1 comment: