Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back To The Search

hello my fantastic followers. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. I hope the new year brings you happiness both in your work and personal lives. I wanted to give those of you that are looking for work a pat on the back. You made it through the holiday season. You survived all of your engagements personal or professional. That is hard to do when you are struggling to find work. However, you did it and for that, I tip my hat to you.  It is a good idea to now tackle your career searching strategy with a fresh perspective but please don't forget to follow up with contacts you made in 2009.

Take this time to call these contacts now and asking them how they enjoyed their holidays is an ideal ice breaker to start your conversation. You have nothing to lose right?

I also want  you to keep in mind that many organizations fiscal year ends in April so that is when many changes happen to budgets and it is good to get your foot into an organization you are interested in working for now so they can get to know you and your work style. My suggestion now is to find somewhere you can volunteer. I remember I volunteered for the Alzheimer Society and started in January and was hired for a year contract in April. They didn't even have to post the position.
Well, this is the first post for me in 2011!  Times flies.
Kindly,
Anrea Zaslov

No comments:

Post a Comment